Welcome to the Funeral Consumers Alliance of Rhode Island
We are a group of volunteers from the local communities who provide information to help you make informed decisions regarding end-of-life options.
THE MISSION OF THE FUNERAL CONSUMERS ALLIANCE OF RHODE ISLAND IS TO PROTECT THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE MEANINGFUL END-OF-LIFE OPTIONS. WE EDUCATE CONSUMERS, PROVIDE STATE-WIDE PRICE INFORMATION, AND SUPPLY RESOURCES AND ENCOURAGEMENT FOR PREPLANNING.
- We will be presenting “It’s Not Your Grandparents’ Funeral Anymore” on Saturday November 6th at the North Providence Union Free Library. Our guest speaker will be Joshua Slocum, FCA’s Executive Director. For details of the program, see the Autumn 2021 newsletter on the Newsletters page.
- The Funeral Consumers Alliance (FCA) and the Consumer Federation of America (CFA) have prepared a new brochure outlining five tips to allow you to take control of your funeral choices. Click Planning A Funeral – 5 Key Tips to view the brochure.
- To invite someone from FCA to speak to your organization or religious group, call us at (401) 884-1131 or send an e-mail to fca‑email@example.com
- Our 2020 Rhode Island Funeral Home Price Survey is now available on our “Forms and Publications” page
- The new expanded version of our “Before I Go, You Should Know” end-of-life planning kit is now available for $15.00 (See our “Forms and Publications” page for an order form.) The new version is a larger size at 8 1/2′ and 11″ and contains 30 pages.
- An important new article by Ann M. Porto, M.S., Psy. D. is now available. It reviews many of the procedures, forms and regulations required immediately after a death – Die$mart.
- Our Autumn 2021 Newsletter is now available on the ‘Newsletters’ page!