Welcome to the Funeral Consumers Alliance of Rhode Island
We are a group of volunteers from the local communities who provide information to help you make informed decisions regarding end-of-life options.
THE MISSION OF THE FUNERAL CONSUMERS ALLIANCE OF RHODE ISLAND IS TO PROTECT THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE MEANINGFUL END-OF-LIFE OPTIONS. WE EDUCATE CONSUMERS, PROVIDE STATE-WIDE PRICE INFORMATION, AND SUPPLY RESOURCES AND ENCOURAGEMENT FOR PREPLANNING.
- Our two most recent presentations are now available as videos on by using the links shown below:
- The Funeral Consumers Alliance (FCA) and the Consumer Federation of America (CFA) have prepared a new brochure outlining five tips to allow you to take control of your funeral choices. Click Planning A Funeral – 5 Key Tips to view the brochure.
- To invite someone from FCA to speak to your organization or religious group, call us at (401) 884-1131 or send an e-mail to fca‑email@example.com
- Our 2020 Rhode Island Funeral Home Price Survey is now available on our “Forms and Publications” page
- The new expanded version of our “Before I Go, You Should Know” end-of-life planning kit is now available for $15.00 (See our “Forms and Publications” page for an order form.) The new version is a larger size at 8 1/2′ and 11″ and contains 30 pages.
- An important new article by Ann M. Porto, M.S., Psy. D. is now available. It reviews many of the procedures, forms and regulations required immediately after a death – Die$mart.
- Our Spring 2022 Newsletter is now available on the ‘Newsletters’ page!